Having mastered the martial arts, a Langshan rooster turns to mastering the essence of Contract Bridge...

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Back...

Back from a good, long vacation. Got plenty of time to sit and vegetate, which is exactly what I needed.

As far as bridge goes, I think my game is still improving. Don't get me wrong - no one called me to sub in at the Reisinger or anything... But I continue to see good, incremental gains in the things I'm working on. I need to start concentrating on memory so I can get better at spot recognition and counting down the hand.

Jan Martel started a forum on youth bridge over on the BBO Forums. Should be very interesting. For a while I've been considering poking into the JuniorBBO sessions, since I just barely qualify still. Seems like a good way to get some more experience.

Finally, someone else posted a rumor that Zia Mahmood is likely to replace Paul Soloway on the Nickell team. Hamman/Mahmood, Meckstroth/Rodwell, Nickell/Freeman sounds like a pretty good lineup to me...

Now, Soloway/Hamman used to be nicked 'Hamway'. Will the new partnership be 'MahMan' or 'HamMood'?

No comments: