Having mastered the martial arts, a Langshan rooster turns to mastering the essence of Contract Bridge...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We sank our Battleship!

Just posted this hand in the BBO Forums... I was East:
AQT93

A7
KT8763
J8754
AQ87
98
AJ

WestNorthEastSouth
1p2NT*p
3p4p
4p4p
4NTp5p
5ppp

Over there, I'm asking three main questions:
  • Should I have pushed to 6♠ over pard's signoff?
  • Was cuebidding s a good call? I could've taken the RKC call instead.
  • Should I have just blasted to slam at some point, knowing that we had a big fit and a couple strong hands.
What I didn't do, but will do here, is point out that partner was an idiot anyway. We play 2NT as 'Jacoby-esque' - essentially a GF major raise that promises only 3 card trump support. The clearly defining characteristic of his hand is the void, so a 3 bid would've been helpful. Oh well.

Anyway, back to my issue. How would you bid the East hand?

No comments: