Having mastered the martial arts, a Langshan rooster turns to mastering the essence of Contract Bridge...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

No longer "Yuck"

Bridge is a funny game.

It was only two days ago that I was lamenting the worst set of my life... Now, I'm basking in the morning after glow of the best set of my life. What makes it extra funny is that this set included my all-time worst score for a single board. Wasn't much I could do about it, though:
♠5
♥Q87654
♦96532
♣8

Pard opens, sitting East:
WestNorthEastSouth


1♠1NT
p3NT4♠p
pXpp
p

I love to bid as much as the next guy, but even I pass two point hands vulnerable. I was mortified when pard rebid spades at the 4-level, and completely unsurprised when the red card came out of north.

♠A9
♥K92
♦AQ84
♣T763

♠5
♥Q87654
♦96532
♣8
♠KJT7432
♥3
♦KJ
♣Q54

♠Q86
♥AJT
♦T7
♣AKJ92



When the dust cleared, we were down 5 for -1400 (about 18IMPS on the board). However, even with that we were +20 for the session, so no complaints.

No comments: